Camille SAINT-SAËNS Carnival of the Animals: Remix
Reimagined by Nami Melumad
Artists, programs, and dates are subject to change.
Take a journey around the world in this twist on Camille Saint-Saëns Carnival of the Animals. Experience musical styles from all seven continents as you meet the different native animals. Reimagined in a modern arrangement and featuring a lineup of new animal characters, it’s sure to be fun for the whole family! Discovery Concerts are designed for families with children ages 4-12, but are enjoyable for all.
- PARKING: Parking is available in several nearby lots. There is limited street parking in the area. Accessible parking for patrons with disability permits is available on both sides of Myrtle Street and on Congress Street in front of City Hall. Parking spaces are in high demand in Portland. Please allow sufficient time before the start of a show to find a parking space. View more details here.
- WHERE DO I GO FIRST: Begin in the lobby to pick up or purchase your tickets from the Box office. If you have already received your tickets in the mail or have mobile tickets, you can go straight into the auditorium. If you are there before 2:00 PM, be sure to check out our Instrument Petting Zoo and Podium Hero!
- PRE-CONCERT ACTIVITIES: Come early and enjoy a hands-on Instrument Petting Zoo, Podium Hero conducting lessons, and other family fun! Pre-concert activities begin at 1:00 PM, and the lines for the Instrument Petting Zoo and Podium Hero will close at 1:45 PM.
- SNACKS AND BEVERAGES: Per the City of Portland, no food or drink is allowed in Merrill Auditorium. There are water fountains located in the lobby, and concession stands on the first floor of Merrill Auditorium will be open.
- PICTURES AND VIDEOS: Unfortunately, taking video of the PSO musicians is strictly prohibited but photography is allowed and encouraged!