Last Updated: March 27, 2020 at 12:32 PM
Due to the City of Portland’s closure of Merrill Auditorium, a recommendation from Governor Janet Mills, and in an effort to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we will be canceling all Portland Symphony Orchestra concerts as well as select events (listed below) through April 13, 2020.
Portland Symphony Orchestra fully supports the efforts of public health officials to control the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to the health and safety of our patrons, musicians, staff, and the greater community. We will continue to follow all guidelines made by local, state, or federal health officials.
Options if you have tickets to a canceled concert:
- Exchange your tickets to an upcoming performance: We are happy to exchange your tickets for one of the many upcoming 2019–2020 season Portland Symphony Orchestra performances. We understand customers are thinking carefully about purchasing tickets for future performances. To offer increased flexibility, all ticket exchange fees will be waived for performances through June 30, 2020.
- Donate your ticket: We encourage you to donate your ticket as a tax-deductible donation. As a nonprofit arts organization, the Portland Symphony Orchestra relies on the people we serve. That has never been more true than during this time of event closures as our community works together to reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Your support today is more important than ever.
- Other options: Refunds are available when other options are not feasible. Please contact PortTIX.
Please use this online form to let PortTIX know how you would like to proceed with your tickets. If you have already submitted a request via email you do not need to complete this form.
If you have questions regarding any of the above ticketing options, please contact PortTIX at email@example.com or by calling 207-842-0800 by May 18, 2020. Their current operating hours are Monday-Thursday, NOON – 8 PM and Friday NOON – 6 PM. These hours are subject to change, for the most recent hours of operation please visit the PortTIX website at https://www.porttix.com/.
Please be aware that we are responding to a high volume of calls and emails and your inquiry may take longer than normal to answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
The health and safety of our patrons, musicians, and the community is of the utmost importance to your Portland Symphony Orchestra. We encourage our patrons, musicians, and staff to take extra precautions as outlined by the CDC here. For more information on the novel coronavirus in Maine please check the Maine CDC site here, call 211, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sun, Mar. 15, 2020: Sunday Classical: Maine’s Bicentennial
- Sat, Mar. 21, 2020 & Sun, Mar. 22, 2020: POPS! Queens of Soul
- Tues, Apr. 7, 2020: Tuesday Classical: Bravo, Britain!
- Fri, Mar. 13, 2020: Music Lovers’ Luncheon
- Sat, Mar. 14, 2020: Conductor’s Circle Artist Circle with Ina Zdorovetchi
- Sun, Apr. 5, 2020: Conductor’s Circle Concertmaster Sit-on-Stage rehearsal
- Mon, Apr. 6, 2020: Conductor’s Circle Artist Circle with Maja Bogdanović
- Mon, Apr. 6, 2020: Open Dress Rehearsal for Bravo, Britain!
- Tues, Apr. 7, 2020: Symphony + Spirits